Welcome returning and new Wadsworth families!! I hope all enjoyed their summer break and are ready to begin a new school year! Just a reminder of these safety measures:
- Please do not drop students off before 8:15 am, as we do not have staff supervision to watch students. However, students who are eating breakfast may enter building at 8:15 am. A supervisor will monitor students who are eating breakfast.
- Doors will open promptly @ 8:30 am for all other students not eating breakfast.
- While dropping off child(ren) in am, please utilize drop off line (in front of school). Please remain in your vehicle. Children should exit out passenger side of car. Please do not park and walk your child(ren) to the front doors of school.
- While in car pick up line (in the back of the school) please place student pick up “Number” in windshield (which will be passed out on “Meet the Teacher Night) and remain in vehicle. Students will be dismissed from gym doors. Students should walk to their vehicle and enter in car on passenger side. For safety reasons, please refrain from parking and walking to building to drop off/pick up your child(ren). Additionally, the Town of Griffith has passed a town ordinance for parking in restricted areas during school hours. Griffith Police will issue tickets to those who park in such areas.
- Notify changes in transportation to office prior to 10 am, unless in an event of a true emergency.
- Parents who walk and pick up their child(ren) should remain in grassy area across from school.
- Students who are not picked up by 4:00 pm on (Mon., Wed., Thurs. and Fri.) and 2:00 pm (on Tuesdays) will be sent to YMCA downtown. Parents will be notified and charged daily YMCA fee.
- Please refrain from bringing dogs on school property.
- Upon your child’s absence please call the school @ 923-4488 before 9 am. Parents who do not do so, will be called and absence will be marked as unexcused. Upon return of your child, please send a note for the reason of the absence.
Please expect longer pick up times at the beginning of the year (due to children learning new routines). Thank you for your cooperation in instilling these safety measures for our children. I look forward to working with you this school year! Here’s to a great 2019-2020 school year. Please contact our office for any questions. Thank you!
Mrs. Jaros, Wadsworth Principal